Thursday, November 08, 2012

Life...

I am 30 years old this year. Looking back at how times fly past for the last 3 decades, I realised I am so lack behind. I am halfway through the adventure I call my life. I have become more philosophical these days. I am less willing to waste my time. Less willing to listen to negative people. Less willing to miss an opportunity to be loving, champion another human being, get closer to my dreams, or have some genuine fun. I have also started reading obituaries.

Often while I read the lives of others, they offered clues on whats most important in life. Family, friendships, contribution to community, kindness through small simple acts and love. I have yet to read anything that's says anyone dies peacefully surrounded by his lawyer, stockbroker and accountant.

The great ones all speak of being close to loved ones and of the impact the deceased had on the world around them. To lead a beautiful life, I suggest that you need to ask the kinds of questions that will provoke you to think deeply and connect with what matters most. One of the dominant traits of so many extraordinary people is self-reflection. Often good questions lead to excellent answers and greater clarity. And greater clarity is the DNA of authentic success and personal greatness.

Here are five big questions that I hope will cause you to go deep and understand what truly counts in your life. Most people don't discover how to live until it's time to die. But by then, it's too late. Ask yourself these five questions today. Write your answers in the journal. Talk about them, think about them, imagine that today is the last day of your life and you are lying on the deathbed. Then ask yourself

Did I dream big?
Did I live fully?
Did I learn to let go?
Did I love well?

My hope is that the answers you arrive at will help you live with more authenticity, passion and joy. Clarity really does precede success. you can't hit a target that can't be seen. And we're really not here that long. We'll all be dust before you know it. So live your potential now. The chinese say it so well "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. But the best time is now. "

No comments: