Wednesday, October 17, 2012

The Wow Factor.

I like staying into hotels when I travel. They may be a bit over my budget, but there is still some lessons I can learn within it. That is customer service or known as The Wow Factor! I check out the cool design and observe whether the hotel pamper their customer to take them on a journey from start to finish that makes them go WOW!

Most of the hotels i stayed are amazing regardless of the amount paid. Simple gestures like having a big smile with a warm greeting when I entered. Some budget one have ultra cool design that goes in sync with the country theme. While some likes to have lots of green and fresh colours.

Once in a while, I would meet super nice front desk staff - the warm greeting with a wonderful offer of  hot beverage while I checked in. Some would ask on my itinerary and refine with me on the expectation and experience. Its like a community of its own!

Sometimes, I do hope some of the places would be less of a robot and more of a human. What do I mean? Have you ever encounter someone who talk in a fast pace monotone voice. The best part, they complete everything before you understand. Its amazing how you manage to get through everything eventually.

Overall, most of the places I stayed in under promised and then over delivered. If given me a chance, I would stay back again! They have well trained staff who understands travellers issues and proactive enough to make us feel at home. That's most important and it's what we need - The Wow Factor

No comments: