Wednesday, July 25, 2012

People and Relationship

The best performers in business don't hide behind their desks. They know that business is about connecting to people. When people like you and know you and trust you, they will help you. Just the way it is. Human nature at play.

The best managers get out from behind their desks and have rich and meaningful conversations with their team. They get that passion is contagious and, before someone will lend you their hand, you need to touch their heart. The best salespeople get out from behind their desks and break bread with their customers. They understand the power of relationship selling.

People don't buy products and services - they buy people and relationship.

The best employees get out from behind their desks to collaborate with their teammates, support their colleague and to spread enthusiasm.

More than ever in my own life, I try to get out of the office. I love my team but they know what they are doing. They lead without title and are empowered. I'll just get in their way if I am around too much. I need to be out meeting, serving my beloved clients and helping build world class organisations. I need to be out learning new ideas and interesting insights that will find their way onto my blog or into my next speech or book.

Hiding behind my desk is the worst place I could be. It will never happen in my lifetime!

No comments: